Lieutenant Colonel (RET) Scott Greenblatt
LTC(R) Scott Greenblatt was born in Seaford, New York. He enlisted in the US Army as a Private in 1991 and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Artillery in 1996. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of South Florida and a Master’s Degree in International Policy from the National Defense University, DC. LTC(R) Scott Greenblatt founded Veterans Guardian VA Claim Consulting after serving 25 years on active duty with 10 overseas combat deployments with the United States Army.
His military education includes: the U.S. Army Airborne, Artillery Officer Basic Course; the Artillery Captain’s Career Course, Civil Affairs Qualifications Course and the US Army Command General and Staff College. LTC(R) Greenblatt served in wide variety of Command & Staff assignments to include:
- 1-17 Field Artillery: Fire Direction Officer, Platoon Leader and Company Executive Officer, Battalion S2
- 25th Infantry Division: Brigade S1 / Adjutant
- 2-11 Field Artillery: Battalion Fire Direction Officer, Battalion A/S3, Battery Commander
- US Army Recruiting Command; Company Commander
- 95th Civil Affairs Brigade: Civil Affairs Team Leader, Civil Military Planning Team, Civil Affairs Company Commander
- 3-2 STRYKER Brigade: Civil Military Officer S9
- Special Warfare Center & School (USASOC) Education Group S3, Operations Director for the Institute for Military Support to Government
- Director Host Nation Affairs to Government of Kuwait, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
- US Army Special Operations Command Veteran Internship Partnership Development for USSOCOM Care Coalition, MacDill AFB, FL.
Scott has led a distinguished career through leadership, and dedication to duty throughout numerous combat deployments, in multiple theaters of operation, and in support of Special Operations, multi-national forces as well as United States and foreign civilian government leaders. He was well known as a coalition builder and influencer who worked globally across industry lines to deliver results in complex situations.
LTC(R) Greenblatt’s awards include the Bronze Star with two oak leaf clusters, Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters, Army Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters, Army Achievement Medal with three oak leaf cluster, National Defense Service Medal, Bosnia Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, and the NATO Medal. He is authorized to wear the Combat Action Badge, Parachutists Badge, Meritorious Unit Citation, and the Army Superior Unit Award.
On August 26, 2014, LTC(R) Scott Greenblatt’s natural path changed while attending the American Legion National Convention in Charlotte, NC. It was the day he was chosen to candidly speak with President Barrack Obama and Veterans Administration Secretary Robert McDonald about his perceptions and expectations of the Veterans Administration. He shared that he is a reflection of our nation’s armed forces that have always placed mission first while neglecting their own medical needs.
During the meeting, Scott made a vow to hold our nation’s leadership accountable through veteran activism. In Scott’s eyes, the Veterans Administration should continue to deliver the care and benefits as promised, no more and no less.
“No one organization is capable of meeting the needs of over 23,000,000 Veterans, it would be prudent to strategically prepare now as you are your own best advocate”
– President Barrack Obama
Greenblatt lives in Pinehurst, North Carolina with his wife Tammy and his two children.