The United States Department of Labor has awarded Veterans Guardian the HIREVets Gold Medallion Award, the only federal-level veterans’ employment award that recognizes a company or organization’s commitment to veteran hiring, retention, and professional development.
Veterans Guardian is one of 15 North Carolina employers that received the HIRE Vets Medallion. The award was established as part of the Honoring Investments in Recruiting and Employing American Military Veterans (HIRE Vets) Act, signed into law on May 5, 2017, and is designed to recognize employers who display a commitment to hiring our nation’s heroes.
Veterans Guardian is a VA Claim Consulting Firm headquartered in Pinehurst, NC, and serving clients around the world. Veterans Guardian works to help Veterans attain the VA Disability benefits they are medically and ethically eligible for as a result of their honorable service in the United States Military.
Founder and CEO Scott Greenblatt, a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel, said, “When we founded Veterans Guardian, we knew that hiring Veterans would be part of our organizational ethos. More companies would benefit by prioritizing the hiring of Veterans. These individuals bring a wealth of knowledge and technical skills, an ability to lead, and offer a true spirit of teamwork and collaboration. We have made a firm commitment to not only hire more veterans and veteran spouses, but to provide support and resources to our Veteran employees and their families to enable them to thrive professionally and personally. We’re honored to receive the Gold Medallion through HIRE Vets and look forward to continuing to serve Veterans.”
The medallions are awarded annually and companies must meet certain criteria to be awarded the honor. The entire list of criteria for the HIRE Vets Gold Medallion are:
- Percentage of new hires during the previous year that are veterans;
- Percentage of veteran employees retained for a period of at least 12 months;
- Percentage of employees who are veterans;
- Provision of an employee veteran organization or resource group to assist new veteran employees with integration, including coaching and mentoring;
- Provision of programs to enhance the leadership skills of veteran employees during their employment;
- Employment of a dedicated human resources professional or initiatives to support hiring, training, and retention of veteran employees;
- Provision of compensation, to employees serving on active duty in the United States National Guard or Reserve, that is sufficient, in combination with the employee’s active duty pay, to achieve a combined level of income commensurate with the employee’s salary prior to undertaking active duty;
- Provision of a tuition assistance program to support veteran employees’ attendance in postsecondary education during the term of their employment; and
- Employer with an adverse labor law decision, stipulated agreement, contract debarment, or contract termination, as defined in the rule, pursuant to either of the following labor laws will not be eligible to receive an Award: Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA); or Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).
Veterans Guardian is dedicated to honoring U.S. Military Veterans and their families through a variety of community outreach initiatives and sustained financial support of veteran and community charities, scholarship funds and organizations.
To learn more about the award, visit: https://www.hirevets.gov/
Did you enjoy our content? Get in touch!
Fill out the following form for a claims specialist to contact you.
The following form is for new members ONLY.
If you’re an existing member, please click here.