Call us at: (833) 577-8387
Decoration Texture

Disability Calculator

Start by Selecting where you have disabilities

Select the correspondent part of your body in which you have a disability and choose the percentage ( 0 to 100%)

scroll to continue


To finish the evaluation Fill out the form and we can work on your quote

Are you sure your VA rating is fair? Let us uncover your potential rating eligibility.

When calculating combined disability ratings, the VA does not use regular math. Instead of simply adding up the percentage disability ratings for various conditions to reach a grand total disability rating, the VA takes percentages of percentages.

Combined disability percentage: 0%
Current disability rating: 0%
Your monthly payment amount is $0.00



VA Disability Benefits include tax-free monetary compensation and other benefits, depending on the VA Disability Rating. The VA’s calculations use a percentage of the Veteran’s remaining non-disabled percentage when adding the next disability percentage. For example, if a veteran had three disabling conditions rated at 30%, 20% and 20%, the VA would first apply the largest percentage, 30%.

To factor in the next percentage, it would not simply add 20 to 30 and get 50. Rather, it would apply the 20% to the Veterans remaining 70% of non-disability. The resulting 14% would be added to the current rating of 30%, creating a total of 44%. If these were the only two disabilities on hand, this would get rounded down and the Veteran would receive a total disability of 40%.

Next, the third disability rating, 20%, would be applied to the remaining 56% (100%-44%). This would result in an individual rating of 11%. This would then be added to the total of 44%, generating a total disability rating of 55%. This number would then be rounded up, producing the combined disability rating of 60%. “Normal” math would have reached a 70% disability rating instead.

If all of this seems more than a bit confusing to you, rest assured that you are not alone. That’s why we have provided the calculator above to help you get a better idea of how your disability ratings add up using VA math. Keep in mind that this tool should be used only to get a general idea of how disability ratings are combined.

How We

Can Help


Our staff is fully familiar with the VA Disability Benefits system. We work with you to ensure that all eligible benefits are identified and claimed.


As a team of veterans and veteran family members, we genuinely appreciate the sacrifices you’ve made. We recognize the significant and long-lasting effects that military service has on your physical and mental health. Our goal is to ensure you receive the benefits you deserve.

Kelvin_USMC_2880x2008_Medium 1

I Want To Have Veterans Guardian Review My VA Disability Benefits.


To get a more accurate assessment of your potential total disability rating, contact Veterans Guardian for a free claim evaluation. Fill out the form below for a no obligation strategy call.

Talk to an



We have your back

Together we can uncover all the benefits you deserve

Talk to an Expert